Join our Unconference and use the day to talk about everything techcomm. TC Camp attracts approximately 160 top-tier participants every year!
What Happened at TC Camp 2018
Two days of learning–technology, concepts, and skills–with the best technical communicators in Silicon Valley. TC Camp is an Unconference, where techcomm leaders gather to learn and grow. This is an event for the elite, for the people who want to be known as the movers and shakers. The people in techcomm who want to be the ones who can handle anything–by themselves, through their networks, and through their capabilities. And they’re all here to work together to make everyone better!
Highlights – see pictures, watch the videos, get the slides.
Notes from TC Camp Sessions
- Kevin Hufnagle – Bluetooth speaker from Adobe
- Toni Flores – iPad from XMetaL
- Will Clemens – a copy of The Language of Technical Communication from Adobe
- Claire Lundeby – a copy of The Language of Technical Communication from Adobe
- Nathaniel Lim – DITA Flashcards from Comtech Services
- June Harton – MadPak, including 12 months Bronze Maintenance and 12 months MadCap Central
- Celine Dion – a copy of “The Language of Localization” from Kit Brown-Hoekstra
Pre-Camp API Day
- Documenting RESTful APIs Using Swagger and the Open API Specification, full-day workshop
- Date: Friday, 26 January 2018
- Doors Open: 9:00 AM. Registration.
- Class Starts: 10:00 AM
- Class Ends: 5:00 AM
- Where: Hospitality Management Building, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA. Map
- Bring: business cards, portable device (for notes, blogging, etc), laptop
Pre-Camp Networking Dinner
Join TC Camp staff, volunteers, and attendees for dinner.
- Date: Friday, 26 January 2018
- Where: Pedro’s Restaurant and Cantina
- Address: 3935 Freedom Cir, Santa Clara, CA 95054 Map
- When: 6:00 PM
- Cost: Dinner is not free. You are responsible for paying for your own dinner.
- Date: Saturday, 27 January 2018, 8AM-6PM
- Venue: Hospitality Management building, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA. Map
- 8:00 AM – Doors Open. Registration. Continental breakfast, networking
- 8:30 AM – Workshops Start.
All workshops run from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM and are simultaneous.
The Ambassador Workshop is free to attend. All other workshops cost $35.00. If you decide you want to attend a different class than the one you signed up for on the day of the event, we will allow you to switch to the new class, as long as there are seats available.
- 10:30 AM – Workshops End; break; refreshments
- 10:30 AM – Unconference Registration Opens.
- 11:00 AM – Unconference Begins. The first general session includes:
- 5:00 PM – Summary of Sessions, Raffle, and Wrap up.
- 6:00 PM – Finished
Thank you in advance to everyone who volunteers as note takers and session leaders for your notes and summary!
Camp organizers invite any help in picking up after the free unconference. Help keep this event free!
Thanks to all the sponsors:
TC Camp 2018!
TC Camp would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. When we reached out for companies to support this Un-Conference, these pioneering spirited companies said YES without hesitation!
Special thanks to our Ambassador, our Scout Leaders, our Rangers, our Conservationists and our Stewards!
If you see a sponsor in the wild, be sure to thank them for being a TC Camp Sponsor!
Camp Scout Leader
Camp Stewards (Green Sponsors)
Camp Counselors (Assistant Camp Organizers)
TC Camp Inc is a 501(c)(3). All donations are tax deductible.