Here’s what happened at the first TC Summer Camp! (2016)
- Date: Saturday, 30 July 2016
- Time: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Venue: George Mason University, Johnson Center, Fairfax, VA
- WiFi will be available, you can twitter, live blog!
- Bring: curiosity, business cards, laptop, tablet, or smartphone (for notes, blogging, etc.)
- Questions, feedback, coordination? Send an email your camp counselors
This is an approximate schedule of the day’s events:
- 8:30 AM – Doors open for Registration, continental breakfast, networking
- 9:00 AM – Hands-on Workshops – All workshops run from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM. The Ambassador Workshop is free to attend. All other workshops cost $25.00. If you decide you want to attend a different class than the one you signed up for on the day of the event, we will allow you to switch to the new class, as long as there are seats available.
- 10:30 AM – Unconference registration, refreshments
- 11:00 AM – Unconference Begins. The first general session includes:
- Session Proposals
- Lunch (Free! Sponsored by the George Mason University Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication)
- Sponsor presentations
- Expert Panel
- Session Matrix (3 time slots 6 tables, with title, leader and scribe per session)
- 2:00 PM – Session 1
- 3:00 PM – Session 2
- 4:00 PM – Session 3
- 5:00 PM – Summary of Sessions, Raffle, and Wrap up.
- 6:00 PM – Finished
Thank you in advance to everyone who volunteers as note takers and session leaders for your notes and summary!
Folks from the TC Summer Camp community have posted pictures of the event. If you took pictures and want us to include you, please let us know what to post!
TC Summer Camp 2016 Flickr Gallery
Thanks to all the sponsors:
TC Summer Camp 2016!
TC Camp would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. When we reached out for companies to support this Un-Conference, these pioneering spirited companies said YES without hesitation!
Special thanks to our Ambassador, our Rangers, our Conservationists and our Stewards!
If you see a sponsor in the wild, be sure to thank them for being a TC Camp Sponsor!
Camp Ambassador (Platinum Sponsor)
Adobe Systems The future of TechComm is here! With increased globalization, digitization and mobile device penetration, the technical content we deliver has to be contextual and easily available. Adobe’s tools and services are focused on creating ground-breaking content, deploying it across devices, and achieving greater business success. Our award-winning software have set the standard for communication and collaboration for more than 25 years. And now that the future of TechComm is here, Adobe is here as your partners-in-success!
Camp Rangers (Silver Sponsors)
Camp Conservationists (Bronze Sponsors)
Camp Stewards (Green Sponsors)
Camp Counselors (Assistant Camp Organizers)
TC Camp Inc is a 501(c)(3). All donations are tax deductible.
These companies sponsor members to the TC Camp Board and help make TC Camp happen: