Many have heard that Adobe updated Tech Comm Suite, FrameMaker and RoboHelp in late July 2012. This workshop will cover several key workflows that can empower you to use FrameMaker 11 and RoboHelp 10 in concert with Tech Comm Suite 4 to single-source content more effectively and also to achieve inexpensive collaborative review. Equipment is not necessary, but if you have a laptop, you will be able to participate in a live “in the cloud” collaborative review of content.
- See how rich graphics in FrameMaker 11 can create a more compelling experience in PDF and other output via generation of hyperlinked parts lists to 3D diagrams
- Discover how “smart paste” enables swift insertion and conversion of unstructured content (e.g. Word) into DITA documents in FrameMaker 11
- Learn the basics of setting up a new RoboHelp 10 project to publish to multiscreen HTML5 output
- Learn how to use the one click “publish” function in FrameMaker 11 to publish to HTML5 or ePUB via TCS4
- Experience collaborative review of FrameMaker 11 or RoboHelp 10 content via shared PDF files in an Acrobat.com (or SharePoint) “cloud”
Maxwell Hoffmann is Adobe’s Global Product Evangelist for Tech Comm Suite. A former product manager for FrameMaker at Frame Technology (prior to product acquisition by Adobe), Hoffmann also spent nearly 15 years doing multi-lingual production in the language translation industry. Hoffmann has also provided face-to-face, hands-on training to over 1,200 people in scalable authoring solutions. He has managed projects in DITA, XML as well as authoring tools ranging from Word, InDesign, Quark Express to structured FrameMaker. Hoffmann is based in a virtual Adobe office near Portland, Oregon. Maxwell can be followed on Twitter as @maxwellhoffmann and @AdobeTCS.